Tamilnow Articles ->
Dieting Tips - Side effects of Improper Dieting and Proper Dieting
Slim and beautiful body is the dream of
every teenage girl today. But they are not ready to wait for their dream
come true for a long time. For loosing weight, some girls restrict their
food intake to just two biscuits and a glass of lemon juice a day. The
carving for being slim has spread among college girls like an epidemic.
But they like fast food more than home made foods and cannot even think of
exercising regularly. Ignorance about the correct method of dieting will
cost young girls, their health itself. Many of them doesn't understand
this basic fact.
Side effects of improper dieting
Without proper knowledge about dieting,
youngsters tend to avoid many healthy items from their diet, and this
leads to many diseases among them. Improper dieting creates the following
side effects :
Ways to Diet properly
* When the amount of food intake is reduced, it causes anemia (reduction
of blood hemoglobin). This affects the menstrual cycle and also pregnancy
* Crash dieting can cause strong psychological disorders.
* Absence of a balanced diet leads to the problems like lack of necessary
proteins and vitamins in the body. This again leads to improper digestive
* When the people attains their desired level of slimness, they tend to
discard dieting. When the dieting is stopped they will become fat again.
* Less amount of food will leads to loss in strength, anemia,
sleeplessness etc. The anemic condition can sometimes cause serious
consequences like fatigue.
* After long dieting, when the person starts eating, the body cannot
adjust the food and causes gas trouble, heartburn and indigestion.
There are some small things to remember
when you start dieting :
* Do not avoid food for dieting. Take balanced food.
* Include fruits, vegetables, fresh sprouts, salad, skimmed milk, butter
milk and juice in your diet.
* Avoid sweets and fried foods, for example, Samosa, Puffs, Chips,
Chocolates, Jilebi, Ice creams
* Use of sweets should be restricted. When you get a carving for sweets,
take fruits which are sweet.
* Do not skip breakfast in the name of dieting. Do not go out with an
* Avoid fast foods like Pizza, Burger, Ice creams and chocolates
* Use boiled egg instead of egg omelette and white meat instead of red
* Do not use Parotta, Puri for breakfast. Use Milk, fruits and juice
* Consult a dietician before starting a diet.