Tamil Nadu is one of the leading states in India for automobile manufacturing, and is home to several prominent automobile manufacturers that produce a wide range of vehicles for both domestic and international markets. Here are some of the top automobile manufacturers in Tamil Nadu:
Ashok Leyland - headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it produces commercial vehicles, such as trucks, buses, and tippers.
TVS Motor Company - headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it produces two-wheelers, such as motorcycles and scooters.
Royal Enfield - headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it produces premium motorcycles.
Ford India - headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it produces cars and SUVs, such as the EcoSport and the Endeavour.
BMW India - has a manufacturing facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, producing luxury cars.
Hyundai Motor India - has a manufacturing facility in Irungattukottai, Tamil Nadu, producing cars such as Santro and Grand i10.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. : Hero MotoCorp Ltd. was formerly Hero Honda Motors Ltd. is the worlds largest manufacturer of two - wheelers.
- Bajaj Auto Ltd. : Bajaj Auto is the worldâ€™s 3rd largest manufacturer of motorcycles and the largest manufacturer of three-wheelers.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. : Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Formerly Maruti Udyog Limited) is a leading automobile manufacturer in India.
- Tata Motors Ltd. : Tata Motors Limited is a leading global automobile manufacturer of cars, utility vehicles, buses, trucks and defence vehicles.
- Renault india : Renault is a French automaker who produces around 3 million vehicles every year and has presence in 118 countries.
- BSA Hercules Bicycles : Portal of the BSA Hercules Bicycles.