Jewelry(Page 1 of 4)
Tamil Nadu has a long history of jewelry making, and different regions of the state are known for their unique styles and designs. Here are some of the major jewelry styles in different parts of Tamil Nadu:
Temple Jewelry from Thanjavur: This style of jewelry is characterized by intricate designs and is traditionally made of gold. The jewelry is usually studded with precious stones like diamonds, rubies, and emeralds. The designs are inspired by the architecture of the famous Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur.
Kundan Jewelry from Chennai: Kundan jewelry is made by setting semi-precious stones in gold, and it is a popular style of jewelry in Chennai. The stones used in Kundan jewelry are usually uncut, and they are set in a way that allows light to pass through them, creating a sparkling effect.
Nagercoil Jewelry from Kanyakumari: Nagercoil is a town in Kanyakumari district, and it is known for its unique style of jewelry. Nagercoil jewelry is usually made of silver, and it is characterized by intricate designs and filigree work.
Vilandi Jewelry from Madurai: Vilandi jewelry is a style of jewelry that originated in Rajasthan, but it is also popular in Madurai. This style of jewelry is made by setting uncut diamonds in gold, and it is known for its intricate designs and craftsmanship.
Nagas Jewelry from Coimbatore: Nagas jewelry is a traditional style of jewelry that is popular in Coimbatore. It is made of gold and is characterized by its intricate designs and the use of snake motifs.
Vaddanam Jewelry from Tiruchirapalli: Vaddanam is a type of waist belt that is worn by women in Tamil Nadu, and it is usually made of gold. The designs of vaddanam jewelry are inspired by temple architecture, and they are often studded with precious stones.
Major Jewelleries in different parts of Tamilnadu. A brief information about these Jewellers and their websites are listed. All the major players like Nathella Sampathu Chetty, Prince Jewellery, Sri Kumaran Thanga Maligai etc are included in this section.
- G.R. Thanga Maligai Jewellery, Chennai : G.R. Thanga Maligai popularly known as GRT has for over 2 decades been a treasure house of the finest jewellery.
- Sree Kumaran ThangaMaligai : Sree Kumaran ThangaMaligai has known for exquisite jewellery with superb finish, from Oddiyanam's mini-dollars, Haram, to Plight pins which are entirely with class.
- Kirtilal Kalidas & Co. : Kirtilal's designs are developed at its in-house Design Department, where an innovative and award winning team of artists create the most exquisite designs.
- Original Kerala Jewellers (OKJ) : OKJ situated in the jewellery hub of Chennai, T.Nagar, is a three floor showroom spanning 8000sqft right opposite Ranganathan street.
- Khazana Jewellery, Mylapore, Chennai : Khazana showrooms became the 'first' in India to offer a photo guarantee card promising 100% buy back of gold jewellery
- Vummidi Bangaru Jewellers, Anna Salai, Chennai : Living up to its name, VBJ presents a blend of outstanding designs and master craftsmanship, with a keen eye on detail.
- Saravana Stores Thanga Maligai : SARAVANA STORES – the name known to the Indians for their quality products at the very economical pricing. They have Jewellery showroom also.
- L K S Gold House P Ltd, Chennai : L K S Gold House P Ltd, located at Chennai in Tamilnadu is a leading Jewellery
- Lalitha Jewellery, Chennai : Lalitha Jewellery one of the largest collections of Bridal, Antique, Diamond Studded and Gents Jewellery in Chennai the Country.
- NAC Jewellers, Chennai : NAC is a combination of exquisite designs, exceptional quality and excellent craftsmanship.