Special Schools(Page 1 of 2)
List of Special Schools in Tamilnadu catering to the needs of the physically challenged children.
- Rasa Special School, RA Puram, Chennai : Children with various kinds of mental challenges like Mental retardation, Cerebral palsy, Downs syndrome and Autism come in for daily rehabilitative programme.
- Srishti Shruthi Special School, Mogappair, Chennai : Srishti caters to special needs children to enhance the learning capabilities.
- Madras Dyslexia Association, Chennai : MDA is a non profit organization working in the field of Specific Learning Disabilities or Dyslexia.
- Aathichudy Special School, Chennai, Kanchipuram : Swastik trust has initiated a center and integrated school namely “Aathichudy Special School” for special education in Chennai ( Adayar) and Kancheepuram.
- Clarke School for Deaf, Mylapore, Chennai : The Clarke School is one of the few successful schools in India imparting high standard of education to the Hearing Impaired and the Mentally Retarded.
- Swabodhini Special School, Chennai : Swabodhini is a school for special children tucked cozily in the serene neighbourhood of Thiruvanmiyur, in Chennai
- Maithree, Chennai : Maithree is an organization formed by the parents, to take care of the needs of the special children.
- Jeevan Gnanodhaya Charitable Trust, Chengalpattu : The school, which was started on 9 October, 1989 with just three children in Anna Nagar, Chengalpattu, has spread its wings far and wide.
- Sankalp Open School & Learning Centre, Chennai : Sankalp Open School offers academics and remedial learning programmes.
- Aikya, RA Puram, Chennai : To Enhance Knowledge and Skills on selecting and using the key intervention approaches to help the mentally challenged individual.