Important Churches in Tamilnadu, a brief description about them and website links.
Information and web site details of major churches in Chennai and Tamil Nadu. Info about Vailankanni Church at Nagapattinam.
- Apostolic Christian Assembly Church, Purasawalkam, Chennai : Directed by the Lord and sustained by Him are unmistakable in the footprints left by Pastor.G.Sundaram, who founded this ministry in the year 1948
- Annai Velankanni Shrine, Beasant Nagar, Chennai : The legendary Annai Vailankanni Shrine, Besant Nagar, Chennai, the holy place of the mother of health, has been located at the Elliot’s beach.
- St.Anthony's Church, Puliyampatty, Tuticorin dist : Shrine of St.Anthony at Puliyampatty in Tuticorin District of Tamil Nadu comes under the R.C. (Roman Catholic) Diocese of Palayamkottai (Tirunelveli).
- Peace Assembly of God Church, Samathanapuram, Tirunelveli : A 'Chialpha Study Centre' for college students was begun in Samadhanapuram.
- Loyola College Church, Chennai : The Church of Christ, the King, has been an inalienable part of those who have anything to do with Loyola College.
- St.Catherine's Church, Eraviputhenthurai, Kanyakumari : St.Catherine's Church plays a Vital role in the day-to-day life of the Villagers of Eraviputhenthurai and comes under the Arch-Diocese of Thiruvananthapuram.
- Santhome Cathedral Basilica, Chennai : The present National Shrine of St.Thomasis built over the tomb of Saint Thomas the Apostle.
- Vailankanni Church, Nagapattinam : Not only do multitudes of Catholic travel there throughout the year but many non-Christians visit as well.
- Mosjos Mission Church, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai : Mosjos Mission Church is at Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai. The church is under Mosjos Evangelical Mission Trust
- St. Thomas Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Chennai : St. Thomas Syro Malabar Catholic Church at Little Mount is a popular destination of Christian Pilgrims to Chennai.