Temples(Page 1 of 4)
Temples in Tamilnadu - Information regarding major temples in Tamilnadu and their Website links.
Details about Temples in Chennai, Trichy, Coimbatore, Nagarkovil, Kanyakumari, Thanjavur and Kancheepuram. Info about major temples like Chidambaram, Madurai, Palani etc.
- Kapaleeswara Temple, Mylapore, Chennai : Lord Kapaleeswara is the presiding deity of the temple at Mylapore in Chennai.
- Vadivudai Amman Temple, Tiruvotriyur, Chennai : Vadivudai Amman Temple at Tiruvotriyur, several centuries old, eulogized by poets, scholars and devotees alike, affirms the splendor of India’s religious tradition and spiritual ethos.
- Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswarar ThiruKovil, Madurai : The enormous temple complex is dedicated to Shiva, known here as Sundareshvara and his consort Parvati or Meenakshi.
- Thenthirumalai Sri Balaji Temple, Coimbatore : Like the hill temple in Tirumala-Tirupati in Andhra pradesh, the THEN-THIRUMALA temple,Coimbatore,in Tamilnadu is located on a natural hill formation
- Nava Kailayam Temples : The nine Siva Thalangal(Shrines) are located uniquely on the riverbed of Perennial of Thambirabarani.
- Bragatheeswarar Temple, Thanjavur : Rajaraja Cholan, the Great Chola king built The Bragatheeswarar (Peruvudaiyar) Temple, also known as Big Temple.
- Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Temple, Palani : The Palani Murugan temple has been constructed on the top of a hill.
- Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Mylapore, Chennai : The presiding deity of Kapaleeshwarar Temple is a form of Shiva called Kapaleeshwarar.
- Sri Ellai Mariamman Temple, Mylapore, Chennai : Sri Ellai Mariamman Temple Idol has been in existence for more than 120 Yrs.
- Arulmigu Balamurugan Tirukkovil, Rathinagiri : Rathinagiri Bala Murugan Temple was built around 14th century. Over the passage of time an ordinary sand structure was converted into a stone shrine.