Agencies, Boards, Corporations and Directorates(Page 1 of 4)
Here are some of the important government agencies, boards, corporations, and directorates in Tamil Nadu:
Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Limited (TIDCO)
Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB)
Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL)
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO)
Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB)
Tamil Nadu Medical Services Corporation Limited (TNMSC)
Tamil Nadu Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (TANSIDCO)
Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC)
Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD)
Tamil Nadu Road Development Company Limited (TNRDC)
Tamil Nadu Maritime Board
Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation Limited (TNSTC)
Tamil Nadu Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Limited (AAVIN)
Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation Limited (TASMAC)
Tamil Nadu Handloom Weavers' Cooperative Society Limited (Co-optex)
Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (Villupuram) Limited
Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation (Kanyakumari) Limited
Note: This list is not exhaustive and there may be other agencies, boards, corporations, and directorates in Tamil Nadu as well.
List of Tamilnadu Government Agencies, Boards, Corporations and Directorates websites. Information regarding them and their websites are also listed here.
- Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-corruption, Tamilnadu : Government of Tamil Nadu constituted the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption in 1964 and the State Vigilance Commission in 1965.
- Directorate of Pension : The first edition of the GUIDE TO PENSIONERS ON RETIREMENT BENEFITS was published in 1993 with the main objective to help the Government servants and Pensioners to understand the essential features of the various retirement benefits available to them.
- Directorate of Town Panchayats : Tamil Nadu is the first State to have introduced a classification in the status of local bodies as ‘Town Panchayat’, which was planned as a transitional body between Rural and Urban Local Bodies.
- IMD Chennai : India Meteorological Department's Regional Meteorological Centre is responsible for the weather related activities in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Lakshadweep and Puducherry.
- Directorate of Technical Education, Tamilnadu : The Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics were under the control of the Directorate of Public Instruction and the Directorate of Industries and Commerce respectively. The Directorate of Technical Education was formed with effect from 14th October 1957, co
- Directorate of Census Operations - Tamilnadu : Directorate of Census Operations, Tamil Nadu proposes to provide a glimpse of the vast wealth of Indian Census pertaining to Tamil Nadu and the way to access it.
- Teachers Recruitment Board : Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamilnadu is the statuatory board which recruits teachers in TN.
- Central Excise Tirunelveli : Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) implements law and procedures of Central Excise by several regional units called Central Excise Commissionerate
- State Institute of Rural Development (SIRD), Tamil Nadu : State Institute of Rural Development (SIRD) was handed over to the Department of Rural Development, Government of TamilNadu in 1967
- State Transport Authority, Tamil Nadu : The job of Transport Department includes registration of vehicles, issue of driving licences, issue of permits, collection of related taxes, enforcement of Motor Vehicle Act and Rules and matters of road safety.