Districts(Page 1 of 4)
All Districts of TamilNadu are listed here with their respective websites.
- Sivaganga District : The city of Sivaganga is the district headquarters.The district occupies an area of 4086 km² and has a population of 1,155,356.
- Viluppuram District : Viluppuram (also Villupuram and Vizhupuram) came into existence on 30 September 1993 when it was created out of South Arcot district.
- Karur District : The main town in Karur District is the city of Karur.
- Nagapattinam District : Nagapattinam District is a coastal district of Tamil Nadu state. The town of Nagapattinam is the district headquarters.
- Cuddalore District : Cuddalore District is bounded on the north by Viluppuram District, on the east by the Bay of Bengal, on the south by Nagapattinam District, and on the west by Perambalur District.
- Namakkal District : Namakkal District is a newly created district from Salem and functioning with effect from 1-1-1997.
- Chennai district : Chennai is the capital city of the State, besides being an important district.
- Kanyakumari District : With an area of 1672 sq.km. it occupies 1.29% of the total extent of Tamil Nadu. It ranks first in literacy among other districts in Tamil Nadu.
- Virudhunagar District : Virudhunagar is the district headquarters.It had a population of 1,751,301 as of 2001.
- Dindigul District : Dindigul District was carved out of Madurai District in the year 1985. Dindigul District is famous for its lock and tannery industries.